Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm a hippie.

Yep, that's right. I'm a hippie. H I P P I E (sometimes Y)

If you hate hippies; well then stay or leave. If you stay you might learn something if you leave you'll never know.

If you used to be a hippie but you aren't now; Gee why not? what was wrong with it? didn't like the 'free love' of the 60's? Not into the drug scene? Grew up and got a corporate job? Well like with everything, even movements get older and wiser and change with the times. There is no one 'right way' to be a hippie and what works for one person doesn't work for another. There are several common themes related to hippie-ism such as peace and justice for all and respect for all living things. Respect and understanding for your fellow human beings and for other creatures we share this world with. But hey, if you don't dig that then well.... I got nothing to say to you.

If you are a hippie but you hate that word. "Hey, don't put me in a box I don't like labels" Get over it. You have a label. You're black, you're white, you're christan, you're jew, you're a hippie, you're a yuppie. Whatever. Labels help define people but they don't encompass everything that a person is. It's okay to be in a box, just so long as it's a comfy stretchy spandex-y box so as you change and grow your box grows right along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment